POS Systems for Retail
Everything You Need to Know About POS Systems for Retail
Today’s POS systems for retail businesses do much more than just ring up customer sales. They can help you deliver great customer service, make your associates’ daily workflows run more smoothly and allow you to manage your retail operation from wherever life takes you. Tablet POS systems for retail save valuable floor space in small shops since you won’t need a central checkout hub.
Deliver an improved customer experience
- Ring up sales at the point of decision, quickly and securely. Tablet-based POS systems allow customers to pay using an EMV card, traditional magnetic swipe card, NFC mobile payments and other mobile payment technology—all from the convenience of the sales floor. A scanning gun to scan UPCs and a card reader to accept EMV and traditional magnetic stripe cards are integrated into the POS. Customers will save the hassle of standing in long lines and will appreciate getting in and out of your store more efficiently. Shoppers will also get peace of mind knowing their card or payment device doesn’t leave their sight.
- On-demand receipts in multiple formats. Shoppers can choose to receive a printed copy of their receipt on-the-spot, or have the receipt sent to them instantly via SMS text message or email. Associates have access to retrieve receipts from recent transactions so they can send another copy to the customer, when requested. Customers are happy with fewer paper records to keep and your retail operation will save costs on receipt paper and associated waste.
- Integrated gift cards, coupon redemption and loyalty programs. In-house loyalty programs are built right into POS systems to provide your shoppers with an easy, seamless payment experience that records and redeems their loyalty points. Customers can redeem gift cards just as easily as swiping a credit card on your retail POS system. Today’s POS systems for retail make it easy for associates to key enter or scan coupon codes from a mobile device or rint-out.
Improve associates’ productivity and workflows
- Intuitive workflows. Tablet-based retail POS systems are easy to teach and learn for new associates, as well as associates who are joining your team seasonally. In a high-turnover industry like retail, being able to get new team members up to speed on your POS terminal is essential.
- Pinpoint all staff activity. Today’s best POS systems for retail allow you to easily track individual associate sales by hour and by item. You’ll be able to quickly see who your best performers are, rectify any bottlenecks in your sales or checkout processes and improve staff scheduling in the future.
- Always keep tabs on inventory. Inventory will be updated in real-time, providing an up-to-the-minute snapshot of your available merchandise at the touch of the button. Your associates can search on your inventory across multiple store locations, allowing them to quickly answer shopper questions about merchandise availability.
- Clock in and out right from the POS. Your staff can clock in and out from shifts right on the retail POS system, saving them the hassle of having to log into multiple systems just to begin their shift. You’ll have quick access to this data at the click of a button so you can quickly run payroll and calculate taxes.
Manage your retail operation remotely
- On-demand, ad hoc reporting. Pull detailed reports in real-time, allowing you to continually monitor and adjust your operations. You’ll receive timely alerts when you need to restock or reorder merchandise in your inventory. View inventory data across your locations to compare how sales are tracking store-to-store. You can pivot your data view by associate, by day, by hour, by shift, by item and more. Export these reports to your own storage in various formats, including CSV, EXL and PDF.
- Data stored in the cloud. Most POS systems for retail use cloud-based storage for data, making it simple and painless for you and other management to access needed data while in-store, at the corporate office or even from home. Retrieve historical data quickly when you need to respond to a disputed transaction.
- Make updates on-the-fly. Need to make an update to your online or in-store price list while you’re away from your store? No problem! Simply log into the POS system on your tablet and make the needed adjustments, which will be instantly reflected at your store locations. You can make detailed adjustments, including updates to pricing, quantities and various colors and sizes of the same item. You can also make quick updates to sales or promotions, which will instantly be reflected on the POS solutions in your stores.
Get An eBook All-Access-Pass
- eBook About POS
- Grow Your Business Guide
- Improve Your Business
- 5 Steps Secure Your Business
Subscribe to our blog and get an all access pass to our past, present, and future eBooks for FREE.
At Your Fingertips
It's a big job to buy the perfect POS System. This is a robust guide to get you equipped to ask all the right questions to potential providers.
With this FREE service we can point you in the direction to providers who can meet your needs, and potentially exceed your expectations.