3 Must-Haves for Major Business Systems
Businesses today are complex and diverse. They rely on different people and technology to operate efficiently. Merchant owners need to have the foresight to pivot their business in the right direction to continually meet market demand. This is why it's critical to have the right training, support and technological infrastructure in place at all times.
Here are three must-haves for major merchant business systems:
- Initial training and onboarding: Regardless of the technology your business uses for operation, it's critical you have the right training and onboarding processes in place. Educating employees on the systems your company uses every day is of primary importance because they're the boots on the ground that keep your doors open day in and day out. Frontline staff also face customers on a regular basis, so making sure they know how to use and operate this technology is critical. For instance, your employees need to know how to operate POS systems to cut down on wait time. Consumers don't like to stand in long lines, so if you have the right mobile POS or payment processing terminals, coupled with the proper employee education, they won't have to wait as long.
- Ongoing support: While initial training and onboarding is important, merchant owners shouldn't end employee education after their first few months. Ongoing support in the workplace is key for continued success, regardless of the industry or size of business. According to the Houston Chronicle, single-event training is helpful at the beginning of one's tenure, but workers need continual education to stay motivated and focused throughout their employment. By keeping your staff members engaged and inspired, you're much more likely to reduce turnover, thereby reducing employee acquisition and recruitment costs. Training within an organization should be focused, but it should also have a long-term goal in mind as well. By pointing out the future benefits specific training could provide, employees will categorize the experience as professional development, as opposed to just another training session (1).
- Access to integration: Business owners today are probably no strangers to the concept of big data. Getting to know your customers through analytics and sending them relevant messaging is one the best ways to improve engagement and add to the bottom line. That said, as your business grows, it needs the ability to scale. Cloud-based technology has become a staple in successful businesses today because it allows companies to grow at a comfortable pace as their operation expands. Data is driving marketing and back-end business procedures today, which is why merchants need to stay up to date with the latest technology.
Businesses today need to make sure they're educating their employees and providing continuing staff education to ensure operations run smoothly on a consistent basis. As employees' business knowledge grows, the company itself needs to allow room for growth and implement the right infrastructure to seamlessly expand as operations do as well.
1. The Houston Chronicle, http://work.chron.com/advantages-ongoing-training-instead-singleevent-training-6199.html (2015)
Get An eBook All-Access-Pass
- eBook About POS
- Grow Your Business Guide
- Improve Your Business
- 5 Steps Secure Your Business
Subscribe to our blog and get an all access pass to our past, present, and future eBooks for FREE.
At Your Fingertips
It's a big job to buy the perfect POS System. This is a robust guide to get you equipped to ask all the right questions to potential providers.
With this FREE service we can point you in the direction to providers who can meet your needs, and potentially exceed your expectations.