Benefits of Apple Pay®
Beyond the Terminal: The Benefits of Apple Pay® for Online Shopping and In-App Purchases
Last year’s introduction of Apple Pay® as a mobile wallet certainly made a splash. The virtues of Apple Pay are perhaps most obvious when making payments at point-of-sale (POS) terminals. Holding an iPhone® 6 within proximity of a Near Field Communication (NFC) enabled terminal will create a connection between the terminal and the device. Once a valid thumbprint is registered via Touch IDTM, a payment can be made.
But how does Apple Pay work when shopping online? Here are the basics:
- Users enter their payment card information into Passbook®
- They then open an iOS app that supports Apple Pay and selects items for their shopping cart
- When checking out, the user selects the Apple Pay option
- Payment authentication occurs when a valid thumbprint is registered
- A buzz and beep indicate that the payment is complete
What are some of the benefits of using Apple Pay for in-app purchases? It can help:
- Streamline the checkout process
- Eliminate the need to type in payment or shipping info during the in-app checkout process
- Facilitate quick and secure payments through Touch ID’s fingerprint recognition feature
While Apple Pay might have the most obvious benefits when shopping at the POS, there are also benefits when shopping online. Contact us to learn more about what Apple Pay can mean for in-store and online payments.
Apple Pay®, iOS, iPhone®, Passbook®, and Touch ID™ are registered trademarks of Apple, Inc., an unaffiliated third party that does not endorse or sponsor Vantiv Integrated Payments, LLC.
Get An eBook All-Access-Pass
- eBook About POS
- Grow Your Business Guide
- Improve Your Business
- 5 Steps Secure Your Business
Subscribe to our blog and get an all access pass to our past, present, and future eBooks for FREE.
At Your Fingertips
It's a big job to buy the perfect POS System. This is a robust guide to get you equipped to ask all the right questions to potential providers.
With this FREE service we can point you in the direction to providers who can meet your needs, and potentially exceed your expectations.